Fake Bake Tanning at Harmony Plus Beauty Clinic in Dunstable
If you’re wanting to look bronzed and sun-kissed all year round without the sun-damage, we’ve got the answer.
We are proud suppliers of Fake Bake Spray Tan at our beauty salon in Dunstable – a gorgeous, natural-looking, professional tanning solution. Choose from;
Price: Full body £28
Golden tan is a sun kissed and very natural looking tan for those with light to medium natural skin tones.
Price: Full body £25
Original tan is suitable for all skin tones and produces a natural looking “just back from holiday” tan.
Price: Full body £26
Darker tan is suitable for medium and dark skin tones, and is best for those looking to gain a natural yet intense looking tan.
60 Minute Fake Bake Tan
Price: Full body £20
We are very excited to announce we now stock Fake Bake’s new spray tan range which develops in 60 minutes! How good is that! No more sticky nights waiting for your tan to dry, this revolutionary tan provides a long lasting natural look. It develops to a lovely golden brown in 60 minutes but can be left on up to 3 hours for a more intense colour.
Tanning Process at Harmony – What You Need To Do
- Carry out a full body exfoliation, particularly on your feet & ankles, knees, elbows and hands, (Non-oily products are recommended)
- Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- On the day of your Fake Bake treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake Spray Tan.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
The whole treatment lasts around 15 minutes. Immediately after your spray tan it is recommended you allow a few minutes for the tan to absorb before dressing. Fake Bake spray tan will not smell of DHA, the tell-tale sign of a recently applied tan.
Immediately after your spray tan:
- Wear loose,dark clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact.
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight if possible).
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with a mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.
- Your spray tan can last between 3 and 7 days, sometimes longer.
- Your spray tan offers no protection against the sun’s natural UV rays, you do need to use your usual SPF sun creams.
Fake Bake Tan – Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fake Bake safe to use during pregnancy?
Fake Bake only comes in to contact with the upper most layers of the epidermis (skin) and does not penetrate into the blood stream whatsoever, therefore, yes it is safe to use during pregnancy. However we would also have you take note, that you should always perform the patch test to check for sensitivity as when you are pregnant, your hair and skin may not behave the way it used to and you may find that you are sensitive to products you used when you were not pregnant.
How long does Fake Bake last?
It will last between 3 to 7 days dependent upon skin type and your aftercare.
Does Fake Bake contain sunscreens or SPF?
It is not recommended to add SPF to spray tanning products. So many customers want different degrees of sunscreens or sun blocks that it would be impossible to satisfy all of them. We recommend that you use the sunscreen best suited to your skin type.
Does Fake Bake use animal testing?
No, it contains no harmful ingredients that would have required extensive animal testing.
What does having a Fake Bake spray tan entail?
We recommend you exfoliate and moisturise before you arrive for your appointment and wear dark loose clothes on the day. It will take approximately 15 minutes on the day. You can bring along your own bikini (ensuring it’s an old/dark one!).
|Golden Tan - Full Body||£28.00|
|Original Tan - Full Body||£25.00|
|Darker Tan - Full Body||£26.00|
|60 minute Fake Bake Tan - Full Body||£20.00|